Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Best upgrade sequence for Load Generators, from v9.51 to current (v11) ?

I am going to upgrade my load generator instance from 9.51, to current.

I have several questions that are hard to find answers for in the supplied documentation.

1)  Do I even need to upgrade the Load Generator to 11?

2) If I should upgrade it, then what is the best approach?

- do I uninstall the existing 9.51 (via Control Panel-> Add/Remove Programs) first, or just run the LR 11 generator setup?

- Should I install from the LR 11 disk image file (Software_HP_LoadRunner_11_T7177-15013.iso), or from the

Load Generator disk image file (Software_Load_Generator_11.00_T7330_15010.iso) ?  It's not clear to me, and I have both of these image files but neither contains instructions as to which is preferred, order of installation, etc.

Thanks

-P.G.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi,

The ans to your first query is,

1. Do I even need to upgrade the Load Generator to 11?

YES. This is required when you work with protocols of higher version.

Eg : Flex script recorded in vugen 9.52 does not work on Load generator 9.50.

To ensure compatibility between all the components it is suggested that all the components should be on the version(including patch levels).

2.  If I should upgrade it, then what is the best approach?

I have not yet started working with v11 however, LR provides menu to install individual components so you could try with Software_Load_Generator_11.00_T7330_15010.iso.

Also before installing v11, you would need to have a clean uninstall of v9.51 from add/Remove programs.

Reboot and start with the installation of v11.

Ensure you have necessary patches installed for v11.

You can refer to installation guide for further reference.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.