Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Binary data in place of file path while recording

Hi,
I have an issue related to a Vugen script. the id described as below:

I am supposed to attach a file and upload it in a web application. I have recorded the whole workflow using HTTP/HTML procol in HTML mode. The file to get attached is kept in desktop with a particular name. My script is working fine and file is also getting attached and getting uploaded properly. But the problem is that the web_custom_request which is attaching the file is coming as binary format with the file name hard coaded. So where ever env I execute the script it takes the file even though the file doesnt exist there. The file path is not shown in the script.

My query is:
1. How do I change this binary value in a file path so that I can parameterise the path and file type, so that I can change the file path and type as per the requirement.

2. How can I reduce a file size as well?

I really need the solution ASAP.Please reply me back who ever knows it properly. I will be waiting for any of the exparts' reply.

Thank you.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Binary data in place of file path while recording

if it is possible please paste that web_custom_request part here....so that we can give u some solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have attached a file containg the web_custom_request where I am getting the binary data instead of file path.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please let me know is there any setting in Vugen which can help me to avoide this binary data?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI,

Try to record the same test case with URL mode. Is the document "Testing.doc" you are uploading?

Is this web_custom_request generated before uploading file or after uploading file?

You can't avoide this binary code from recording as it is getting captured wile recording.

Suggestion: While designing any LR script for uploading file try to upload it from the root directory ( like C drive ) so that all the users will upload from there root dir as when you upload it from desktop they try to upload it from there desktop.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Praveen,
I have already tried to record in URL mode, but I got the same binary data. The file which I have attached here, is pertaining the web_custom_request which is actually attaching the document in the web page.
I have other web_custom_requests also in my scripts.

The file (Testing.doc), I am attaching from my location network location and then uploading. Its working fine in attaching and uploading. But I am not able to get the file path in my script due to this binary value.

Please help me out.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Lopa,

I feel the binary data is the encrypted content of the uploading file. Can you try to upload any blank text file? And same length content is getting capturing or not in script? If you can share the application technology what your application is using then it will help more to get some solution.

I suggest have a chat with your application team and try to understand what method they are using to upload a file into the application.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.