Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Blank Screen when attempting to view Run Time Settings in Performance Center 12.20

We recently upgraded from PC 11.52 to 12.20. When I open a performance test to edit and then click on the run time settings button, a window displays that is mostly blank, with no controls available except for "Use Defaults". I've tried this in IE 11 and in Firefox 34 and get the same results for both.

Screenshot is attached, has anyone else seen this issue?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Blank Screen when attempting to view Run Time Settings in Performance Center 12.20

Hi

Did you find a solution to this problem? I have exacly the problem 😞

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Re: Blank Screen when attempting to view Run Time Settings in Performance Center 12.20

No solution yet, but I did figure out that the run time settings do display eventually, it just takes about 5 minutes.... This is part of another issue that I have a ticket open for and I've posted here on as well, which is 12.20 is incredibly slow.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi

I don't get content in the window. Even after 30 minutes. I think I will open a ticket too. Had so many problems with the PC 12.20 upgrade 😞

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Same here, we've had so many problems that I considered rolling back to 11.52, but we seem to be stable for now, at least on one controller, but our pages just load so slowly.

Have you tried creating a new Performance Test with a new script and see if you get your run time settings on that one?

The reason I'm suggesting this is because we had a ticket for another issue that we fixed ourselves by recreating our scripts, and seems like it might be worth a shot for fixing your issue.

Our issue was when we would open the run time settings for our scenario (once they finally loaded), we saw that our run logic tree percentages were all different than the way we set them (it was assigning them an equal distribution of percentages instead of the percentages we had set previously). When we opened the VuGen script with 12.02, we saw the same thing. But, if we opened that script with VuGen 12.01, the run logic tree displayed as expected.

So our only fix was to  upgrade everyone to VuGen 12.02, and then rebuild each script there by creating a new script from scrratch and then recreating the actions and pasting in the code for each action.

I don't know if that will help your issue, but I'm wondering if the problem could be a compatibility issue like ours with your script and starting from scratch might fix it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

I also get blank runtime settings in PC12.2. Have HP got back with any advice/guidance? Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Not sure if our issue was the same, but we haven't seen the blank screen since we built a new ALM app server and moved it to the same datacenter as the PC server. That solved our overall slowness and (what turned out to be) really slow loading run time settings pages.

I know there are other issues with run time settings and Performance Center 12.20 though. We currently have Performance Tests that fail when they start up because of our content check. The same content check files work for regular Load Runner, but we get an error message "Unknown element 'AED' " when we run the same scripts in Performance Center.

In our case, it looked like a comma in the content check was the culprit, but I'm still researching to see if that is the real root cause. I just mention it because it's possible the two issues could be related. You might want to try backing up your content checks at the script level, then  removing them  and see if your RTS will come up.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

The problem seems to be solved in PC 12.20 Patch 1.

In the releasenotes (see the link below) you can find this:

Change Request: QCCR1J77694

The Run Time Settings window of multi-protocol scripts displays a blank page when opened from Performance Center.

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01709496

I will download the patch today and start patching.

/Thyssen

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.