Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Browser Emulation

Hi,
We recently upgraded from Performance Center 9.0 to 9.51. For an ongoing performance testing, we had scripts created using 9.0.

Now what happens is we created another set of scripts using VuGen 9.51 and it kept giving Authentication errors and NTLM errors even though no authentication was requried. We provided credentials to work about the authentication issue but the NTLM issue persisted. As soon as the scenario would start, the Vusers would move into failed state with NTLM error.
On trying different things, we found that for User Agent field under the Browser Emulation section in Runtime settings, the entry was
User agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Now this was the case even in Perf Center 9.0 and it never gave any issues, but here if we unselect this User Agent check box, the scenario works. Am not sure about this field. Looked up in the Help but didn't get much information.
Can someone give an idea of how this works? I mean and what its importance is. I know it is a basic question, but am not getting much info elsewhere. Thanks!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Browser Emulation

Hi,

Just curious what NTLM errors you were getting? Are you using a unix or windows LG? I have had similar problems whereby I could not get the scripts to run over a UNIX LG but it would work fine via localhost or windows LG.

Just wondering if this is similar problem - unfortunately I am not sure what the importance of this field...and as u said there is not much info out there.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am using a Windows box as LG. I do not have the exact error message right now. It was some NTLM 2 message and then it would give a proxy error and fail.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.