Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Build Fails in PC Server 11.52 Configuration Wizard

Jump to solution

I'm attempting a new install of PC Server 11.52 on Windows 2008 R2. I'm running as administrator.

I have installed PC server 11.50 along with patch 11.52, but when I try to connect to it through ALM, it cannot find my PC server. Looking a t IIS on the PC server, it looks like nothing was created there for the default website.

Looking at the summary after the PC server config runs, the issue appears to be a failed build during the server configuration. The Configuration Wizard runs and completes without posting any errors, but when I view summary, I see on the last line: "Build FAILED. : 5 Warning(s) , 0 Error(s)."

Full log is pasted below:

[7/17/2013 9:08:32 AM]: __________________________________________________

[7/17/2013 9:08:32 AM]: HP Performance Center Server 11.52 Configuration Wizard started.

[7/17/2013 9:08:32 AM]: Could not load UserInput file provided in command line. Defaulting to userInput provided in configuration file.

[7/17/2013 9:08:38 AM]: Task calculation operation on MsBuild file failed.

File: D:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Performance Center Server\dat\Setup\PCS\MSBuild\HP.PC.PCS.MSBuild.proj

[7/17/2013 9:08:38 AM]: Error Detailes:

[7/17/2013 9:08:38 AM]: Message: The element 'Target' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003' has invalid child element 'XmlNodeTask' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003'. List of possible elements expected: 'Task, AL, AspNetCompiler, AssignCulture, AssignProjectConfiguration, AssignTargetPath, CallTarget, CombinePath, Copy, CreateCSharpManifestResourceName, CreateItem, CreateProperty, CreateTemporaryVCProject, CreateVisualBasicManifestResourceName, Csc, Delete, Error, Exec, FindUnderPath, FormatUrl, FormatVersion, GenerateApplicationManifest, GenerateBootstrapper, GenerateDeploymentManifest, GenerateResource, GenerateTrustInfo, GetAssemblyIdentity, GetFrameworkPath, GetFrameworkSdkPath, LC, MakeDir, Message, MSBuild, ReadLinesFromFile, RegisterAssembly, RemoveDir, RemoveDuplicates, ResolveAssemblyReference, ResolveComReference, ResolveKeySource, ResolveManifestFiles, ResolveNativeReference, ResolveNonMSBuildProjectOutput, ResolveVCProjectOutput, SGen, SignFile, Touch, UnregisterAssembly, UpdateManifest, Vbc, VCBuild, Warning, WriteLinesToFile, CreateJSharpManifestResourceName, Vjc, VjsResGen, CodeAnalysis, XmlAddNewNode, PCGetAppSettingsValueTask, PCSetAppSettingsValueTask, AddPrivilegesToUserTask, AssignUser....

[7/17/2013 9:08:38 AM]: Source: System.Xml

[7/17/2013 9:08:38 AM]: StackTrace:    at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidator.SendValidationEvent(ValidationEventHandler eventHandler, Object sender, XmlSchemaValidationException e, XmlSeverityType severity)

at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidator.ElementValidationError(XmlQualifiedName name, ValidationState context, ValidationEventHandler eventHandler, Object sender, String sourceUri, Int32 lineNo, Int32 linePos, XmlSchemaSet schemaSet)

at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidator.ValidateElementContext(XmlQualifiedName elementName, Boolean& invalidElementInContext)

at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidator.ValidateElement(String localName, String namespaceUri, XmlSchemaInfo schemaInfo, String xsiType, String xsiNil, String xsiSchemaLocation, String xsiNoNamespaceSchemaLocation)

at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.ProcessElementEvent()

at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.ProcessReaderEvent()

at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

at HP.PC.PCS.Configurator.Services.MSBuildTaskCalculator.CreateSchemaValidationXmlDocument(String msBuildFile, String msBuildSchema)

at HP.PC.PCS.Configurator.Services.MSBuildTaskCalculator..ctor()

[7/17/2013 9:08:38 AM]: Build started.

[7/17/2013 9:08:38 AM]: [WARNING]: File  not found and will not be registered

[7/17/2013 9:08:38 AM]: [WARNING]: File  not found and will not be registered to GAC

[7/17/2013 9:08:38 AM]: Build FAILED. : 5 Warning(s) , 0 Error(s).

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Re: Build Fails in PC Server 11.52 Configuration Wizard

Jump to solution

We're still dealing with more issues on this, but I wanted to report that we got past this first hurdle. The issue appeared to be our password rules. The configuration wizard for PC Server was attempting to create a user with a 12 character password, but our group policies enforced 14. We temporarily relaxed the rule to 12 and the config wizard finished successfully, and created the PCS and LoadTesting sites in IIS.

Now I'm getting a different error, when I attempt to connect to the new PC Server from ALM Lab Management, it gives me an error message about not being able to start a service with the user (IUSR_METRO). Screen shot attached.

I'm still working with HP tier 3 support on this, but I want to continue documenting here in case other users run into similar problems with PC 11.5 and Windows 2008 R2.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

You also did update ALM patches to 11.52?

Regards,

Mario M.

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Sorry I was just inspecting the log, If this is what you see in the log the Patch update does complete successfully? Also we assume you are using an admin account and that the patch is local on the machine?

Regards,

Mario M.

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks. I uninstalled and reinstalled both the PC Server 11.50 and also the 11.52 patch. I also changed the setting for DEP to be only essential Windows programs.  This time, I get a message that DCOMperm has stopped working that appears during the installation of the service pack 11.52. This does not happen during the initial install of 11.50.

I have two PC Servers and this happens on both. This also happens when I try to install a host, but it happens during the host 11.50 install.

Attached screenshot of error message. It appears during registration near the end of the 11.52 installation process.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I noticed you are running the .msp, did you install all prerequisite software before beginning the install?

Regards,

Mario M.

HP LR/PC Support

LoadRunner:

Performance Center:

How to:

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

I used the msp for 11.52 because that's all that exists in the zip file. When I installed 11.50 I used the setup file and chose Performance Center Server. I should also note, that the same error appears when I attempt to install a PC host on a different server with the same configuration.

For prerequisites,  I added the IIS role with ASP.NET Active Server pages, and IIS 6 Managment Compatibility

Also, if I click through the dcomperm errors (the same error appears 5 or 6 times), the install will eventually complete, but it does not automatically launch the configuration utility.

When I launch the configuration utility, it finishes but does not set up the PC website. "View Details" yields the log below.

[7/18/2013 12:36:28 PM]: __________________________________________________
[7/18/2013 12:36:28 PM]: HP Performance Center Server 11.52 Configuration Wizard started.
[7/18/2013 12:36:28 PM]: Could not load UserInput file provided in command line. Defaulting to userInput provided in configuration file.
[7/18/2013 12:36:37 PM]: Task calculation operation on MsBuild file failed.
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Performance Center Server\dat\Setup\PCS\MSBuild\HP.PC.PCS.MSBuild.proj
[7/18/2013 12:36:37 PM]: Error Detailes:
[7/18/2013 12:36:37 PM]: Message: The element 'Target' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003' has invalid child element 'XmlNodeTask' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003'. List of possible elements expected: 'Task, AL, AspNetCompiler, AssignCulture, AssignProjectConfiguration, AssignTargetPath, CallTarget, CombinePath, Copy, CreateCSharpManifestResourceName, CreateItem, CreateProperty, CreateTemporaryVCProject, CreateVisualBasicManifestResourceName, Csc, Delete, Error, Exec, FindUnderPath, FormatUrl, FormatVersion, GenerateApplicationManifest, GenerateBootstrapper, GenerateDeploymentManifest, GenerateResource, GenerateTrustInfo, GetAssemblyIdentity, GetFrameworkPath, GetFrameworkSdkPath, LC, MakeDir, Message, MSBuild, ReadLinesFromFile, RegisterAssembly, RemoveDir, RemoveDuplicates, ResolveAssemblyReference, ResolveComReference, ResolveKeySource, ResolveManifestFiles, ResolveNativeReference, ResolveNonMSBuildProjectOutput, ResolveVCProjectOutput, SGen, SignFile, Touch, UnregisterAssembly, UpdateManifest, Vbc, VCBuild, Warning, WriteLinesToFile, CreateJSharpManifestResourceName, Vjc, VjsResGen, CodeAnalysis, XmlAddNewNode, PCGetAppSettingsValueTask, PCSetAppSettingsValueTask, AddPrivilegesToUserTask, AssignUser....
[7/18/2013 12:36:37 PM]: Source: System.Xml
[7/18/2013 12:36:37 PM]: StackTrace:    at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidator.SendValidationEvent(ValidationEventHandler eventHandler, Object sender, XmlSchemaValidationException e, XmlSeverityType severity)
   at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidator.ElementValidationError(XmlQualifiedName name, ValidationState context, ValidationEventHandler eventHandler, Object sender, String sourceUri, Int32 lineNo, Int32 linePos, XmlSchemaSet schemaSet)
   at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidator.ValidateElementContext(XmlQualifiedName elementName, Boolean& invalidElementInContext)
   at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidator.ValidateElement(String localName, String namespaceUri, XmlSchemaInfo schemaInfo, String xsiType, String xsiNil, String xsiSchemaLocation, String xsiNoNamespaceSchemaLocation)
   at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.ProcessElementEvent()
   at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.ProcessReaderEvent()
   at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at HP.PC.PCS.Configurator.Services.MSBuildTaskCalculator.CreateSchemaValidationXmlDocument(String msBuildFile, String msBuildSchema)
   at HP.PC.PCS.Configurator.Services.MSBuildTaskCalculator..ctor()
[7/18/2013 12:36:37 PM]: Build started.
[7/18/2013 12:36:37 PM]: [WARNING]: File  not found and will not be registered
[7/18/2013 12:36:37 PM]: [WARNING]: File  not found and will not be registered to GAC
[7/18/2013 12:36:37 PM]: [WARNING]: File  not found and will not be registered
[7/18/2013 12:36:38 PM]: [WARNING]: File  not found and will not be registered
[7/18/2013 12:36:38 PM]: [WARNING]: File  not found and will not be registered
[7/18/2013 12:36:38 PM]: Build FAILED. : 5 Warning(s) , 0 Error(s).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

We're still dealing with more issues on this, but I wanted to report that we got past this first hurdle. The issue appeared to be our password rules. The configuration wizard for PC Server was attempting to create a user with a 12 character password, but our group policies enforced 14. We temporarily relaxed the rule to 12 and the config wizard finished successfully, and created the PCS and LoadTesting sites in IIS.

Now I'm getting a different error, when I attempt to connect to the new PC Server from ALM Lab Management, it gives me an error message about not being able to start a service with the user (IUSR_METRO). Screen shot attached.

I'm still working with HP tier 3 support on this, but I want to continue documenting here in case other users run into similar problems with PC 11.5 and Windows 2008 R2.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

We were finally able to get all the components installed. Still having issues accessing some of the pages in ALM/Performance Center, but here's what we did to at least get the PC Servers and Hosts installed and  configured correctly so that we could add them in ALM Lab Management:

On all PC Servers and Hosts:

• Reduced password limitation from 14 characters to 12 for IUSR_METRO.
  • In IIS, enabled directory browsing for PCS web site (PC Server only)
  • In Services, started secondary logon service
  • Added ALM URL to hosts file
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

congratulations, that is good to know.

Regards,

Mario M.

HP LR/PC Support

LoadRunner:

Performance Center:

How to:

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.