Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

CA Siteminder SSO used, how to use vusers in scripting?

Hello

The application under test uses CA siteminder for SSO single sign on. So there is no login authentication, as it is integrated with LDAP.

But if I have to simulate vusers with different username/password credentials. To parameterize, I have no clue in the script where this value is passed.

If somebody has faced successfully similar situation, please help with details.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: CA Siteminder SSO used, how to use vusers in scripting?

- Do you know what authentication method is used (basic, digest, ntlm, kerberos, etc)?
- It does not appear so but is there a web_set_user function at beginning of the script?
- If one was not recorded, is the script replaying and passing?

I think the web_set_user function is required for proper script execution and if one was not recorded, you can manually add it. You can parametize the credentials in this function.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Thanks for your reply on this.
The script works fine in vugen now.

1.But we are not getting clue to parameterize so that it can be run in PC or controller.

2.There is no webset_user() function.
There is a set cookie function which gets the redirect done to the home page.\
But I dont see any username/userid there.

Let me know if you want more info...

Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I see. If the cookie is static for the current login account, then you might need to record the login step using the various credentials to capture the cookie values for each account. I hope you don't have too many to do but this seems like the likely solution. Once you get the cookie value for each login account, you can create a parameter list of the cookie values.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am facing similar issues. My application have SSO implementation + NTLM on siteminder. Its also being chceked with LDAP files for authentication. I have used web_set_user () as well.

When I am adding a web_add_cookie and adding the cookie string using a fidler its working fine. But its a teadious method and couldn't be automated.

Error- HTTP Status-Code=401 (Unauthorized) for "https://ssoforms-intranet-fr.staging.echonet/cib/ntlm/creds.ntc?CHALLENGE=&SMAGENTNAME=-SM-EdUL7pfEfdkyKQYvq%2bQZ6JRQ3TXc2rZ4VfSxvQeqAkbwzQLDgJsOrrQu0atZPv5DeUaFEruyRsWNnFi71LbBqi3lpBcDhsm8&TARGET=-SM-https%3a%2f%2fcrdsweb--uat%2estaging%2eechonet%2fcrdsweb%2fsecure%2fWelcome%2fwelcome

The code for SMAGENTNAME seems constant every time, but I have no clue how to play around with it.

Please advise and thanks in advance.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.