Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CPU Utilization shows as 100

i have added the unix resources to monitor and the CPU Utilization shows as 100 all the time.when i checked using putty for the same machine it shows the correct usage.
how to get the same details in LR controller
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: CPU Utilization shows as 100

As long as rstatd is runnnig on the unix server that you are monitoring you should be getting the correct metrics. What type of unix box is this?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

rstatd is running.
This is the box HP Prolaint DL 380 G5
Operating System : RedHat EL AS5
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Sorry to say that I have never had to monitor a Redhat OS. I have had no problems with AIX, HP-UX, or Solaris. The only problem that I have encountered it the loss of connectivity to rstatd with heavy network activitiy. If one call fails you loose your monitor.

Have you tried to use SiteScope? There are free points that you can use for monitoring Unix due to the problems with the Unix Resource Monitor loosing connectivity to rstatd under heavy load. It uses either vmstat or sar to pull the CPU metrics, I am not sure which at this point. It would be worth a try since it is more robust under load.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello,

I have the same problem whith Linux. The unique solution I have found (for the moment) consist to reboot the server before your load test. After reboot, the CPU Utilization on monitors is OK.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

just say no to rstatd 🙂 if you have SNMP installed and active no the server you can use a SNMP monitor. also, you can use SiteScope to capture the cpu and other monitors and connect your loadrunner to the sitescope instance to get your stats.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.