Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

CacheEnabler query

We want to enable cache for TruClient IE users to get real user performance experience.
HP have advised us to install:

1.From <Installation folder\bin > run HPETruClientIECacheEnabler.exe

I checked the bin folder but cannot see this .exe file

So apparently we need to have patch 3 installed in order to get the installer file for Cache Enabler. We currently have:  

HP Performance Center 12.50 , Build 12.50.1178.0, 2/28/2016 5:23:11 AM

So I opened a case to see where I can download patch 3. But I am a bit confused.

Do I need to install the patch on all my Load Generator servers? Or just the Tru Client ones?

Is the same patch installed on my Performance Center server? Does the ALM server component need to be patched?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: CacheEnabler query

I found this link:

http://tchelp.saas.hp.com/en/12.50/Content/TruClient/_tc_c_ClientIEBrowser.htm

Note: To use the IE Cache Enabler tool, you need to install TruClient 12.50 patch 3.

Does this mean we just install Tru Client 12.50 patch 3 on the Load Runner servers we are using as TruClient?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

You should download patch 3 for the following components

And patch 1 for Performance Center Host

No need to patch ALM to resolve the TruClient IE cache issue, however it is recommended to install the latest ALM patch regardless.

No need to run the cache enabler tool. Cache will be enabled by default. The cache enabler tool comes to workaround specific cases where the cache is not enabled by default. we have not encountered such cases so far

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you Shlomi, I will give that a go and let you know how we get on.

0 Likes
Highlighted

When I try to install the LG patches I get an error:

TRU CLIENT.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted

FYI I was able to install the patch on our Performance Center server.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

It seems like you tried installing the TruClient Standalone patch on the Load Generator machine.

You need to use the right patch for each installation type. Do you have TruClient Standalone deployments at all?

Note that while the patch includes TruClient content, this is not the only thing included in it.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.