Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Can I run multiple scripts simultaneously on the Controller

Jump to solution
Hi Guys,

Could some one please advise me on the below!

Can I run multiple scripts simultaneously on the Controller(Remotely)?

If so,What things do I need to take into consider?

If I do this does it effect on my CPU on which Vugen Installed.

Let's say there are total 5 scripts.For each script no of Vusers is 200.

Note: I have to run the scripts in Cloud.

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Can I run multiple scripts simultaneously on the Controller

Jump to solution
You can add multiple scripts to the scenario in Controller. If your question is different, please elaborate.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
You can add multiple scripts to the scenario in Controller. If your question is different, please elaborate.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi,

Can I run multiple scripts simultaneously on the Controller(Remotely)?

You can run multiple scipts in Controller under 1 scneario. Eg script1 for login ,script 2 for search.
the nnumber of users can be set for each script.

If vugen,controller, generator are all on same machine yes it will consume the resources and can be monitored through windows resource monitoring.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Raj,

It is possible to run multiple scripts simultaneously in Controller. It will not impact your vugen machine as the controller runs the scripts via Load Generators and not using the machine on which the vugen is installed. Make sure that you are not exceeding the threshold limit of the load generator system resources in order to run your scripts without any issues.
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Thanks a lot Madan,SPP & Srinivas for your precious suggestions!

Srinivas,Could you please give more details about threshold limit with an example.

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Raj,

The threshold limit is to make sure that your LG is not running out of the memory and other system resources in order to execute the load. Make sure that you dont exceed the utilization of 80% of the LG resources. When you try a test run with 20-25 users you can measure the LG performance by setting the system resources counters on the machine and do some paperwork to calculate the maximum load you can apply per LG based on the test run.
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks Srinivas!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Guys,

Could you please also reply to my another post about "How Load Generator works".

Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.