Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can LoadRunner Monitor Redhat and Jetty Servers?

Hi can anyone tell me whether LoadRunner can monitor Redhat and Jetty servers? If it can is there anything special that needs to done?
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Can LoadRunner Monitor Redhat and Jetty Servers?

Hi,

I am sorry to say that it cannot.

Regards,
Mohamed
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Okay so it can monitor UNIX ut not Redhat, can't you just add the Redhat server as a UNIX one?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi,

can you tell me exactly what you want to monitor using LoadRunner, so that i can advise if it is doable or not ?

Regards,
Mohamed
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Basically we have a number of servers that run on Redhat 5.0 OS and i would like to be able to monitor their performance. Any ideas on how i can do that would be great.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi,

If you just want to monitor the performance in terms of CPU, memory, disk space ... etc, It is better to use HP SiteScope which will do the job. However LoadRunner can be used to simulate a complex monitoring transaction as if you are a user(s) doing these activities (i.e. login to the server -> open an application --> do some staff --> log out)

Hope this make things a bit clearer.

Regards,
Mohamed
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Use URL monitors (Sitescope monitoring). URLs could contain the transactions, you would like to monitor.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can Monitor RedHat with the normal in LR Integrated UNIX Monitors you just have to start an rstatd on the Linux server.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.