Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

Can Performance Center server in house work with ALM SaaS in the cloud?

Hi,

Our organisation currently has ALM SaaS in the cloud (v12.5). We intend to move from our existing Load Runner to Performanc Center.

Could anyone advise me if we install Performance Center (v12.5) in our local network (i.e. in house), can it PRACTICALLY work with ALM SaaS in the cloud? Assuming the firewall / internet proxy allows such network communication.

Thanks!

DH

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Can Performance Center server in house work with ALM SaaS in the cloud?

Theoretically possible, (If all Firewall & other Network supported access agreed)

but would the servers to be established outside the Bay/Cabin/Secured network, it's all to the Organization policy to take call.

There are Negatives more in sense of Security and Availability (Disruption) & Troubleshooting, restart will be of very remote..!!

Food for thoughts, May be...!!

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Can Performance Center server in house work with ALM SaaS in the cloud?

Hi

Interesting thought, but I have my doubts

If you get it working I think that there can be serious performance drawbacks. When saving scripts, they are uploaded to ALM. Also when collating results, the files are gathered on the controller and then uploaded to ALM. Filesizes up to GBs are possible. I would have wanted the latency here as little as possible.

I think there can be issues with the patching. As ALM is SaaS then the patching is done by HP and in their timeschedule. PC version should often follow the same patchlevel, at the same time which you don't know when it is.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.