Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can QTP scripts be reused in LR

can a QTP script for webservices be called in a Vugen C script. if so how.any ideas would be welcome.thanks.

Regards
Selvam
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Can QTP scripts be reused in LR

You can use QTP scripts in LR.

You need to use GUI virtual users protocol.

I would personally not recommend this from my past discussnios in forums, the reason being qtp does object gui level recording and LR does protocol based recording.....if you are running huge users load test, QTP can consume lot of resource memory.

Do you have LR installed?....You can refer VUGen guide for detailed info on this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes i have the LR installed. Btw i tried the webservices protocol directly. i was able to record it sucessfuly. but i have difficulty in importing the soap(XML) file. it is giving error. i need to add object values manually due to this.

Selvam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I suggest you to refer the help file for this process.

start>All Programs>LoadRunner>Documentation>VUGen Guide>Protocols>WebServices.

Let me know what error you get when trying to import XML..I can try to help
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GUI virtual users protocol is available in which version of LR. i dont see it in LR 9.1.

Regards
Selvam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You might be using the wrong toolkit. Try changing the toolkit being used in your script.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.