Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can Transaction times be more through LoadGenerators than Manually

if yes , what might be the reasons behind it , I am getting sigificant higher transaction response time after executing the test than manually , what might be the reason behind it.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can Transaction times be more through LoadGenerators than Manually

Is there any other factor other than Network Latency that comes into picture
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can Transaction times be more through LoadGenerators than Manually

Where is the generator location compared to the manual location.
What is included inside the transaction start and stop. Only should be the single call.
Remember for Web transactions time starts at the beginning of the request until all resources are done. Some browser will start rendering before that.

A bad script might cause some overhead. From example a web script using the wrong URLs might cause the a separate redirect call for each line. Or security is being triggered instead of caching.

Generators overloaded.
Too much work done in script. (logging turned on)

What type of vuser would help. More information in general. (runtime settings)

Most of my experience is in the web. Lots of little things could effect times. Typically this question is reversed. "Why is LR times faster?" Short answer is these is no client processing and network location.
"Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP"
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.