Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can't Login when LoadRunner is running!!!

Jump to solution
So I have a script that logs me in and clicks some tabs. I did LR Controller 100 users also did 10 user too. While its running, I go to my other computer and my password doesnt work. Im thinking theres a restriction on how many sessions you can have. But how can LR still be running giving me no errors, if I cant login?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't Login when LoadRunner is running!!!

Jump to solution
Alan provides the valuable insight. Are you fingerprinting the for the expected result on a successful login. Place a web_reg_find prior to the login submit. Have it check for a positive matching string. That supplies you with a confirmation. If the SaveCount value is > 0 you're logged in. In it = 0 then you didnt get to the correct page.

Otherwise if you cant login while LR is running it suggests the server connections are used up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Are you sure your LR users are getting logged in? Do you have error checking that validates somehting on the screen that gets displayed for a valid login?

Review the logs for the application under test to determine if there are any errors. Many apps limit the number of sessions and we have no way of knowing how yours is set up. Have you asked the developers if there is any limit?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Im checking with the dev to see what the limit is. Im wondering is the limit per the session ids or the amount of times an user can login.

It didnt give me any errors. I thought LR passes everytime it reaches the end of the script? How would I make it check the screen?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
You would use a web_reg_find on some text that is returned on a successful login and use the "SaveCount" option. Check the value after the command and if it is zero fail the transaction.

There should be an example in the Function Reference entry for web_reg_find.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Alan provides the valuable insight. Are you fingerprinting the for the expected result on a successful login. Place a web_reg_find prior to the login submit. Have it check for a positive matching string. That supplies you with a confirmation. If the SaveCount value is > 0 you're logged in. In it = 0 then you didnt get to the correct page.

Otherwise if you cant login while LR is running it suggests the server connections are used up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I overloaded the server by having too many connections at one time
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.