Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can use the same machine for running vu and monitoring over firewall

My case is this :
Load generate is in the same side of wirewall with application, i need to use controller to run vu and monitor server outside firewall. so i open 443 port, both controller and agent on Load generate can telnet each other. but when click " enable firewall" on the agent on load generator, can't telenet 443 now.
I am guessing, the mechine gereate VU and mechine monitor over firewall must be different mechine?
The agent process on the load genator mechine always red. any one know why?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Can use the same machine for running vu and monitoring over firewall

This is true the MOFW machine and ROFW machine must be separate machines. Otherwise they will compete for the same port (443).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

yes, that's correct.must be different mechine.thanks a lot.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i have tried a lot and verified it's must be different mechine, then see Hewlett-Packard ' reply. anyway, thanks Hewlett-Packard.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.