Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Can we RUN/execute a performance type test present in the performance center from backend?

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Can we RUN/execute a performance type test present in the performance center from the commandline?

Is there a way we can execute/RUN the performance test by a VBA script developed using OTA API or any other API?

In  cases such as Maintenance's or addition of New load generators/controllers; we are currently verifying the problems by executing a test over these LG's and Controllers through performance center.

What I want to achieve is the following:

Develope a code ( kind of SRT, nightly batch job  ) which will trigger a test in the performance center accepting the list of LG's and Controller as a dynamic input from some text file.

After the nightly test was run a status report ( SUCCESS / FAILURE ) should be sent to a distribution list.

In case of failure, the following report should be sent:

i.  Name of the LG where the test failed.

ii. Why did it fail ( error message of the failure should be captured).    

ex: "LoadRunner Agent Service" might be down.     

"Remote Management Agent Service" might be down.  

Load Generator or controller might bt offline from the network and not accessable.   

I am very  intersted to know how this can be achevied.

Not to mention; I tried recording the steps with QTP but again stopped working on it since I cant capture the above mentioned data in case of any failures.

Please provide your valuable thoughts on this.

Regards,

Srihari      

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Can we RUN/execute a performance type test present in the performance center from backend?

Jump to solution

It is not quite simple, we need rest, ota, web services, and other api's to run a load test in PC. Those api;s are not public and need deep knowledge on how pc works in background which hp rnd only knows.

'run a test' looks a single step but it is lot more complex.

What do you want to automate exactly in the PC UI, what is not possible through the current PC UI? probably you can file an enhancement request with hp.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Can we RUN/execute a performance type test present in the performance center from backend?

Jump to solution

It is not possible to run the test from command line or thorugh Ota api in Performance Center. Running a test is not a simple one step process and it impossible to run manually.

You may try to execute the loadtest from commandline using LoadRunner controller.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi Madan,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I am able to execute the load test from controller using the below command, but I dont want to do that way.

Wlrun.exe -Run -C:\Users\svanumu-adm\Desktop\My_Scenarios My_Scenario.lrs -ResultName res_folder -InvokeAnalysis

I want to automate the execution of load test only through performance center.

Where should I start to give a try, is it NOT at all possible to automate the front end GUI manuall actions using performance center API methods?

Please let me know if there are any links or articles related to the performance center API's.

Regards,

Srihari

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

It is not quite simple, we need rest, ota, web services, and other api's to run a load test in PC. Those api;s are not public and need deep knowledge on how pc works in background which hp rnd only knows.

'run a test' looks a single step but it is lot more complex.

What do you want to automate exactly in the PC UI, what is not possible through the current PC UI? probably you can file an enhancement request with hp.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi Madan,

Now I understood how complex it is, thank you for the detailed explanation.

Can we  run a specific load test holding a controller and different sets of load generators at a fixed time every day ( ex 9 AM PST)? I guess we can do this using timeslot feature in PC UI.

If the test fails a mail has to be sent to the distribution list specifying that the load test failed.

Error messages informing on which controller/LG's the test failed should be included in the same mail , is it possible to set this from the PC GUI.

By looking at these error messages available person from the distribution list will login to those LG's/controller fix the problems and will rerun the test to see whether it runs fine this time.

Regards,

Srihari

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

We don;t have this feature avaialble. But there is an option in project settings, to sent email when the timeslot fails. Please refer to it if it can suit your needs or you can use the script editor in the project customization.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Thanks Madan for your advise.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.