Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot Recording

Hi All,

I am new using LoadRunner, I want to record webtour but the IE do not want to pop up and event number not increasing.
I already try using IE 7 and 9.

I also try change DEP value both of option and it is still cannot record.
Is there any configuration on LoadRunner to Record?
Thanks

Regards,

Kuswandi
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Cannot Recording

Hi,

You may want to refer to vugen guide on how to get started with scripting.

Also check the compatibility of IE version with that of Loadrunner version. Refer Read me for Loadrunner

You can find documentation on this under
start->programs->loadrunner->documentation
->vugen user guide
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Kuswandi,

The IE version which you are using supports to create scripts using Vugen. If the application is not opened during recording, make sure that you entered the correct url of the application. Also start your webserver of webtours application before you start recording. As SPP said, refer to the guide which gives you the information about compatibility. Let me know if you have any more questions.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thanks for reply..
I already follow the instruction to record webtour, I think the way recording that I do already correct. Simplify just click Start Record button at toolbar then there is popup windows appear, fill the URL Address with "http://127.0.0.1:1080/WebTours/" and click Ok button to start recording. The next step should be the IE will open and run the URL then float toolbar record will counting up the event recorded.

But it not happen :(, I have check the LoadRunner Agent Process log and found some error like below:

12/05/2011 17:42:26 Error: Communication error: An error occurred while calling the CreateFileMapping function. (sys error message - Access is denied.
) [MsgId: MERR-10344]
12/05/2011 17:42:26 Error: Two Way Communication Error: Function two_way_comm_create_acceptor failed. [MsgId: MERR-60999]
12/05/2011 17:42:26 Warning: Failed to create "shared memory router" server. [MsgId: MWAR-29974]

Is this error related with this?
And am I wrong with the recording step above?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I found a similar thread in the forum where an expert have given a solution for the same See below

Whenever the Load Generator down, do a netstat -a from the command line. If a process is using port 443, you will have an issue, since the LoadRunner Agent needs this port.

If you do an ipconfig /all, does either of these have dual NICs? Are either a VMware image?

If your Controller or Load Generator has multiple NICs, chances are high that the Agent will try to bind to the wrong one.

Check out the Controller manual, in Appendix D, "Failure to Communicate with a Load Generator". You may need to do some hard name resolution with the hosts file.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thanks for reply, the problem is compatibelity of operating system, I'm using windows server 2003 64bit. After I change the OS, i can recording now.

Regards,

Kuswandi
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.