Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Cannot add PC server with custom password

For Performance Center 12.20, you have the option of either creating the default user, IUSR_METRO with the default password. or choosing a different username and/or password. for the user that runs Performance Center.

We needed this option because our servers have a 14 character password requirement, but the default password created during installation is only 12 characters.

The problem though, is after installing PC Server and configuring IUSR_METRO with a 14 character password, we can't add the PC Server in Lab Management. The error message says "change machine identity failed... user already exists with a different password".

So the workaround to this is to specify a different username altogether during the Performance Center Server install (after uninstalling first, of course). Instead of IUSR_METRO, I went with something like PERFORMANCE_USER. This allowed me to add a PC server, but then when I go to add a host in Lab Management, I get the error that the password is too short.

So apparently, you can't pick a different password for PC server without changing the user ID too, and then you still can't change the user ID or the password for the host.  It still tries to create IUSR_METRO with the 12 character password when you add the host.

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Cannot add PC server with custom password

Hi,
That's interesting.
The workaround will work for PC.

However it is kind of interest how did you manage to add the hosts to the configuration?

BR,

Ivo

IvoHri
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Cannot add PC server with custom password

The only way I've been able to get this to work is to ask our Windows admins to temporarily change the password requirement to 12 characters instead of 14.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.