Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot record a Java application using Java-Record Replay protocol in LR9.1

Hi All,

I've been trying to record a Java-RMI based application using Java-Record Replay protocol using LR 9.1.

When I try to record this application using batch file, the batch file is invoked but no events are recorded. However, if I record the same application using LR8.1 version using RMI-Java protocol, I'm successful.

Note: The same Recording settings of LR8.1 are given for LR9.1 also.

Can someone help me out in finding where I'm failing?

Regards,
Padma.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Cannot record a Java application using Java-Record Replay protocol in LR9.1

Padma - Make sure to configure the environment properly. A quick check - try to run a blank script and see if it is successful.

-Madhu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Madhu,

Thank you for your quick response.

Unfortunately, I verified this also. But its still not working.

Could you please throw me some more light on this if possible?

Regards,
Padma.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Padma...Which version of LoadRunner are you using?

We are using 9.5 which has got a customized Java Record and Play protocol for ORPM applications. We need to invoke some hook files present in dat and classes of the LR directory.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Padma,

As you received error when running blank Java script also, it is clear that the environment is not configured properly.

I would suggest to verify the PATH & CLASSPATH properly.

Please post the exact error you are getting.

-Madhu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Padma, I need to do the scripting on Java, RMI Thick application. I am first time using LR on Java and RMI environment. I saw your postings and you must have been successfull in recording with VuGen. Can you please share what are things which I need to configure or customize for the Java app.

My other colleagues have tried and they are not successfull and the guy who tried he is on vacation. If you can help me out that should be really great.

Thx
Sri
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.