Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Capture String thats being passed in header file

Hi All,
Im facing typical problem of capturing a string thats being passed only in header files. When i recorded my LR script the heaer is not being captured and its visible only in the generation log. Can someone suggest me a way i can capture the string form the heaer file. Its a Customer Relationship Management module in SAP. Plz post me @ sreesatya.t@gmail.com or in this forum.

Appreciate your time.

Thanks,
Sree
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Capture String thats being passed in header file

Hi Sree,

You may try including headers from,
Recording options-> HTTP Properties->Advanced->Headers->record headers in the list & select the desired headers.

hope this helps.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I tried that option already and this specific header is not being recorded.

Thanks,
Sree.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Sree,

Have you tried with Protocol Advisor on capturing the client-server communication ?
May try with SAP Web though for SAP portal clients...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I tried that protocol Analyser and its saying SAP Web. INfact the application is a Poratal application.
The Application is a CRM Module SAP web application where in its accepts the calls ,just the way the customer service desk people accepts the calls placed by the end customers.
The challenge i'm facing can be split up into 2
1. How to simulate the calls that are being placed externally? Is there a tool/freeware that can simulate in an easy way?
2. The load runner script integrating the calls and the subsequent set of actions in the navigation flow like pulling up the call account details--> ..do some set of navigation flow.. --> hang up the call and log off.

There are too many web_url requests thats getting recorded while recording the script using SAP web protol which is the general behaviour of the application. But overcoming this Web_URL notify during correlation is a tricky adn toughest task. Suggest me if you ahve any ideas.
Trying to attach the baseline script. But i think due to soze constarint of 1 MB it may not be uploaded. Still trying my luck :). Just attaching Action.c for your reference.
Appreciate your time and patience.

Thanks,
Sree
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Sree,

The correlation studio by LR does have some correlation rules for SAP enterprise portal.
Have you tried with the same ?

What is the Notify segment actually responsible for ?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.