Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Citrix Protocol in Load Runner. Handle Progress Bar

Hi All,
I am writing a LR script that uses Citrix protoclol. It's a rich client application. on some functions a progress bar may or amy not come. I am not sure how to handle this scenario in such a way that i can get the right response time for the trasaction. I am using citrix_win_exist but that does not help. Any help would be much appreciated.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Citrix Protocol in Load Runner. Handle Progress Bar

In case if the window has the progress bar sometime and sometime it doesn't, then i think u have handle this in 2 scenarios. What i mean is, compare the bitmap values of both the possible options. If case 1 (with progress bar) then follow the operation else (window with out the progress bar) follow other set of actions.

Hope this resolves ur problem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The one fundamental issue I am facing is the time the function waits for the progress bar window to appear. In the case when the progress bar does not appear, but the desired response is received, then the time the function waits to check for the appearance of the progress bar window gets added to the response time and reported response time gets skewed. This is the case with any function that is used to check the presence or absence of a window in a pattern of application functionality that is unpredictable and the script cannot proceed without handling the scenario.I am looking for some creative solution where the transaction can be isolated and the right response time captured when the progress bar window does not appear.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I had a similar problem, where a window may or may not exist. What I observed was that:

- If the "progress window" did not appear, the "main window" was the active (i.e. in focus) window.

- And, even if the "progress window" appeared, the "main window" was still there (but not active)

You can check if this is true in your case, in the recording log. You will see a create window function as:
ctrx_create_window "main window"

just before or after:
ctrx_create_window "progress window"

If that is the case, use the sync on window function with CREATE as:

ctrx_sync_on_window("main window", CREATE, -4, -4, 1033, 777, "snapshot1", CTRX_LAST);

Archana
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Many Thanks!!

I am using Lr_Set_Transaction() to update the transaction duration of an existing transaction based on certain conditions. Will it really update the duration? When i run the script VUGEN and we printed the response time, it was showing some different(unexpected) value. e.g.

Start transaction â Aâ

Wait for the progress bar to appear for X sec
If progress bar does not appear
Set transaction â Aâ time = Get transaction time -8
Else
Loop until progress bar goes away

End transaction â Aâ

Appreciate help!!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.