Trusted Contributor.

Cognos 8.4 performance testing

Jump to solution
Hi,

Has any one did performance tests on Cognos 8.4
reports. I am getting below error while running the script in VUGen

The absolute affinity request
'asynchWait_Request' failed, the requested session does not exit

Is any one knows how to handle this issue.

Thanks
Ravi
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Need to follow IBM's documentation. it explains how to loop the wait statements. IBM has published a specific document on how to create LR scripts for Cognos. FYI keep the scripts short and simple.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/cognos/page406.html
"Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP"

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Need to follow IBM's documentation. it explains how to loop the wait statements. IBM has published a specific document on how to create LR scripts for Cognos. FYI keep the scripts short and simple.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/cognos/page406.html

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I ran into this at one point (it actually says the requested session does not exist). I had missed some manual correlation when I was attempting to run the report. I assume that the line that is failing is the sendAsyncWaitResponse from the document referenced. The problem is most likely on the line before that. If you can't figure it out, try to post a few lines here.

Make sure if the request sends conversation, tracking, etc., it should be using the parameter value that was saved, rather than a specific value.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
As I was writing this something was remembered.
Sometimes vugen will flip the last few steps due to the async nature of cognos. The release report step always needs to be last. for the current report sequence. like run, wait, read, release.

Regardless of what is recorded there needs to be a run step, a wait loop, and a release or drilldown. There is a pattern if you manually record it.

I don't have access to my cognos scripts right now. An example would help.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.
Hi,

I am attaching the action part of my script in text format.Pls let me know where I am doing mistake.

Thanks
Ravi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
The problem is you are missing manual correlation in your web_custom_request function. You will need to call getAsyncInfo before your web_link to your prompt page also - this will allow you to get the correct conversation, action_state, etc. from the server, so you can use it in your custom request. And you will want to get the folder id as well. I'll attach a corrected script. You can also get rid of WCSParam2 - it is captured as var_m_tracking in the getAsyncInfo function.

Also, I assume at some point you would want to parameterize your start and end dates - you can see them in the custom request:

useValue%3D%222009-01-01
displayValue%3D%22Jan%201%2C%202009
useValue%3D%222009-12-31
isplayValue%3D%22Dec%2031%2C%202009
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Need to grab the values also on the step before and use them in the customer request.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.
Thanks a lot Joshua and Raymond,

I modified my script as per your suggestions now it is working fine, hope same logic will work for all my others reports also.

getAsyncInfo function used only once, if I used second time getting errors, that is why I commented second time.
Also I used some think time.

Attaching my modified script.

I welcome your suggestions to further improve the cognos scripts.

Thanks again
Ravi
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.