I have a doubt on using Load Runner for Cognos Ad hoc reports
testing.
I understand that we can use Load Runner for standard reports like
Excel, HTML. I followed IBM document and I am able to record and reply
scripts.

But in case of Ad Hoc reports like,
With All Data,
With No Data,

In case of Standard report, we can loop the code till the status changes to Complete (Becasue the same web_submit_data will be sent
multiple times). But in case of Ad Hoc reports will the same logic holds good. Because I am unable to find out the exact time for actions
like dragging/inserting the columns from left with data. Also when I have all the required columns in main area and when I click on Run
with all Data, I am not able to find out the exact response time evan though I add the transaction name. Reason being while recording the created web_submit_data will vary if I change the filters or any data.

I am new to congos and not very sure on the terminilogies used.

Pls let me know if any of you worked with Ad Hoc reports in Cognos.

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.