Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Communication error from LR Load Generator.

Hi experts,
I ran my Web (HTTP/HTML) and Java Vuser protocol scripts on load runner. I have seen 75K errors but not even single failed transaction. Controller shows all passed transactions.
How come errors have come without even a single fail transaction?

Errors are:
1. Error: Two Way Communication Error: Function two_way_comm_post_message / two_way_comm_post_message_ex failed.
2. Error: Service client with id=1 failed to post a message ,reason - communication error.
3. Error: Failed to deliver a p2p message from son to parent process, reason - communication error.
4. Error: Communication error: Cannot send the message since reached the shared memory buffer max size.

Can anyone give me some idea about this? Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Communication error from LR Load Generator.

Looks like the communication between the controller and the LG's were not proper.
1. how many user test did you run.
2. how many LG's did you use.
3. where you able to ping from the controller to LG and vice versa successfully
4. Did you check if the transactions got updated successfully in the database
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for the response.

1. how many user test did you run.
Ans : 200 vusers
2. how many LG's did you use.
Ans : 1 Load Generator
3. where you able to ping from the controller to LG and vice versa successfully
Ans: As it was Performance center, we do not have access to any of the machines.
4. Did you check if the transactions got updated successfully in the database
ans : I do not see any failed transactions, becasue of these errors.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You seem to have some issues with the memory on your loadgenerator. Increase the virtual memory on your loadgenerator machine as I am sure Java virtual users consume a lot of memory. In case you have additional LGs then I would suggest you to share the load of the users among the LGs.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

After I encountered this error, I ran 2 more tests yesterday, but I did not see any such errors again.

I hope some port failure on the Controller or Load Generator boxes caused this error.

Or we some times used to have network issues between Controller and Load Generator which will fix automatically after few minutes.

Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I ran my web(http/html) script on controller for smoke test with 5 users. I come across the same error messages as Amar Bukke.
As mentioned in this thread, I turned on agent services tool. No luck favored. Still,I dont see stopping the tons of errors. Pls. some one advise me.

Thanks, Vidya
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

This Error comes only with heavy memory consumption between local host and server while you ramp up with more user's.

remeady option :

Change the local host with some other machine/servers.

or clear all the virtual temporary memory and re-run the same.

let me know , still you are facing this issues.

Thanks
Ganesh(cognizant)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue while running TruClient Script. It is runing fine 5 Users. However Its started showing this error when I ramped up my test to 10 users. I don't see any failure however not sure if it impact the Performance results or not.

Please help.

Thanks.

Regards,
DR
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.