Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Configuring LG over firewall

Hi,

We have PC 11.52 installed on our server. Also configured PC Host 11.52 as controller. Installed and Configured MI Listener on a seperate box. The LG standalone for windows has been installed and configured on client side (behind firewall).

All ports (443, 50500) have been setup. I am able to telnet the Public IP of the MI Listener from LG machine. There are no messages on the log file on LG.

But I get error messages on the Log file of Load Agent on the MI Listener machine. It says:

27/09/2013 15:48:16 Agent over Firewall from host: al_joyglobal_OFW is trying to connect.    [MsgId: MERR-29528]
27/09/2013 15:48:16 Agent over Firewall from host: joyglobal_OFW is trying to connect.    [MsgId: MERR-29528]

joyglobal_OFW is the 'Local Machine Key' defined in the LG box under the firewall settings. But I have no idea what the first line sayas - al_joyglobal_OFW.

Another question I have is - In the Lab Management module when I define a MI Listener, can I give any name? Also I have specified the Public IP there. So do I have to mention this IP within the hosts file?

This is because my PC server and Controller box which are in the same LAN as MI Listener cannot identify the public IP and can only reach the MI Listener through the internal IP. But if I give the Internal IP in Lab Management, the Load Generator box cannot reach the Listener.

Any idas/recommendations would be helpful.

(If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give kudos to the author for their assistance. Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Configuring LG over firewall

Hello Bipin

The public IP is only for external purpouses, so when adding the MiListener to PC it must be the local IP or the machine name, NOT the public IP, the only port you require to open from outside to the MiListener is the 443, the MiListener, PC server and PC Controller host should be in the same network.

Then the string you are using as Machine key is the name you must use to add the remote LG on PC.

hope this clarifies

Eddy Segura

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Ok, So when I was defining the MI Listener in Lab Management - I entered the Local IP as Listener name and Public IP inside in the details.

The wierd thing is when I open the LR-Controller and try to connect to the LG through MI Listener - everything is good. I get the READY status and I am able to even start a run.

But when I try to add the Host in Lab Management - I get the MI Listener cannot connect to the host. Please check the log files on host machine.

The log files on both the MI Listener and Host machine do not have any errors. Where could the issue be?
(If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give kudos to the author for their assistance. Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello

The add process of the OFW LG is not as smart as the host is, you can even add a OFLG that doesnt have the software running and it will allow you to do it, only host can run a verification and only when the test start is that this verification actually takes place.  The remote LG needs to have the agent running and configured to run as OFW, plase remember that this must be a stand alone LG and not a full host and that the location should be OFW for when you add this to Lab Management

hope this helps

regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.