Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Configuring MOFW

Jump to solution

Hello,

We are using PC 11.52. 

I need some info reagrding the MOFW setup. We have been doing perf tests for a while. But adding monitors for the first time. I have some questions regarding the mofw setup:

a) Install MOFW s/w on a standalone machine (over the firewall). Setup the load agent the same way as a standalone LG over firewall. 

b) Go to Monitor configuration and add the server to be monitored. Select the counters.

After this, what do we need to setup in ALM project in TEST RESOURCES? I see "Monitor Over Firewall" and "Monitor Profile". Do we need to create both? What is the difference between setting up a monitor profile here and adding the server to be monitored within the MOFW machine as done in step (b) above?

When creating the "Monitor Over Firewall" test resource, do we mention the machine key as given in load agent settings in step (a)?

Is there anything we need to install on the Target server (for example, app/db server) to be monitored to get the required data?

Do we need to create the IUSR_METRO user on the target server for the mofw configuration to work?

Are there any specific port openings required on the target server to communicate with the mofw machine even if they are both on the same side of the firewall. 

I did go through user guide/installation doc. Adn still can't figure out the above questions. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bipin

(If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give kudos to the author for their assistance. Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Configuring MOFW

Jump to solution

Hi,

Regarding your concern, you don't need to configure anything on the server to be monitored. You only need to configure Performance Center agent in LG machine or MOFW machine.

In the example, the author monitored MOFW machine as a target server so you can see that they configured agent and monitor in the same machine. You totally can monitor different server machine by adding it to Monitor Configuration.

And you don't need to configure both Monitor Profile and MOFW. As you are working with firewall so you can use MOFW.

However, please follow the intruction in HP installation guide - Working with Firewall to ensure that you have completed the configuration steps described in "Initial Configuration of the Over Firewall System" then go to Monitoring Over a Firewall.

Thanks and Regards,

Chau Nguyen

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

This is an example about monitor over firewall, please refer:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00221247

You do not need to creat IUSR_METRO user on the target server.

For working with firewall, PC need a componanent named MI Listener. Monitor Profile and Monitor Over Firewall is kind of similar however Monitor Profiles can work with or without firewal but MOFW works with firewall.

For more detail, please refer HP ALM Performance Center Installation Guide:

Chapter 4 -  Working with Firewalls page 179.

Chapter 8 - Monitoring Over Firewall page 199.

Regards,

Chau Nguyen

Regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution
We are working with firewalls. So I am assuming I need to create both MOFW and Monitor profiles in the ALM Project. Is that right?

Also, should the load agent be installed on the server to be monitored? In the example shown in the KM article, the server to be monitored is the same as the one they are performing the load agent configurations. Sorry if I am sounding a little confused.

Is there anything at all that needs to be setup in the server to be monitored?
(If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give kudos to the author for their assistance. Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

Regarding your concern, you don't need to configure anything on the server to be monitored. You only need to configure Performance Center agent in LG machine or MOFW machine.

In the example, the author monitored MOFW machine as a target server so you can see that they configured agent and monitor in the same machine. You totally can monitor different server machine by adding it to Monitor Configuration.

And you don't need to configure both Monitor Profile and MOFW. As you are working with firewall so you can use MOFW.

However, please follow the intruction in HP installation guide - Working with Firewall to ensure that you have completed the configuration steps described in "Initial Configuration of the Over Firewall System" then go to Monitoring Over a Firewall.

Thanks and Regards,

Chau Nguyen

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

the provided link does not work.  I need this info also

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

HP Support site has just changed. Please try this new link: https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00221247

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.