New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Configuring Oracle monitor in Performance Center with 3 controllers?

I have configured Oracle 10g client SQL plus from both Controller and Utility server (tnsnames.ora is ok). There are 3 controllers for our PC 8.1 FP2 set up but I have installed Oracle client only on one of the Controller and the Utility server. Now, when adding the oracle monitor through PC user site, I am getting the error below:
"Could not login to database server. ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor". I am not sure if I need to install Oracle client on all 3 controllers or need to configure something on the PC admin site so that I can configure Oracle monitor profile for a particular controller?? Pls suggest..
Thanks
"I dont believe in QA" - VP of a bankrupt corporate
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

It has been awhile but I am pretty sure that you need an Oracle client on any machine that you use to connect to the database.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Alan, Thanks for ur quick response.
Does ur comments mean that I can create a monitor profile for a 'selected' generator? Can you pls list high level steps for the same...

Thanks,
Digendra
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Sorry, I mean 'Controller' instead of 'Generator' in my reply above.

-Digendra
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

U need to Install Oracle client on all controllers & utility server and configure the respective tnsname entries in all controllers The performance center first tries to resolve the tnsname with a machine and then looks into TNS entry.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.