Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Connection Timed out

I am trying to run a script in Load Runner 8.0.While running with single users i am getting error"Failed to connect to server [10060] Connection timed out ".Please suggest me.On the 1st instance i.e connecting to the URL itself i am getting that error.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Connection Timed out

Edit the run time settings in runtime setting go to prefrences then in http request time chnage from 120 secs to 900 secs and then run the scripts
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried by setting the timeout to 900.But still i am getting Connection timed out.Any other changes that i need to change while running the scripts.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Please post a copy of your script with full logging turned on for review.

Log--> "Always send messages", "Extended log", "Parameter substibution", and "Data returned by server" all selected.

Alan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The problem seems to be resolved.Actually i was not giving proper proxy authentication while running the script.As i was using a proxy server, so i need to give proxy authentication.Any way thzx for the replies that i got.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

One Thing i will give straight forward suggestion if you are getting connection time out errors more than 120 seconds of time , you will go and increase the step download timeout to max of 999 from 120 seconds. from the preference tab of Runtime settings in the Vugen.

Also it is better if you increase the HTTP request connect timeout to 999 seconds , HTTP request receive timeout to 999 seconds and HTTP Keep Alive timeout to 99 seconds for safer side. 

Definately you will get raid of the connection time out issue for the corresponding scripts.

Alaram: It is always good practice to raise the Defect in ALM (Application Life cycle management) when you observed the connection timeout issue , it always crosses the SLA of respone time when you observed connection timeout issue.

So developers need to fix the defect and make sure that application should be having optimized response times.

Hope it will help you to get the issue to resolve.

Regards,

Surya Kosuri.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.