Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Controller issue

Hi,

I have somebasic doubts

Everyone said vuser_init contains code which executes only one time . so you can record ppl login into the system in vuser_init and log out in vuser end. I check online too this is the ans i got!!is this correct.

so i recorded the application which same logic
login - vuser_init
logout - vuser_end
action - checking flight details.

I had set up 4 user with diff user name and password in data file.

I controller i used the above script , set Vuser as 4.
When i ran , its only one user i see (i constructed transaction name based on user name)

Could any one clarify these points plz

1) I assumed each VUser means Vuser_init+Action(s)+Vuser_end....am i wrong?
2) Why in controller i see only user name ?
3) i have set parameter updation for every iteration for parameters: username, passord.This is present in Vuser_init
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

no answers it 😞
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

1) I assumed each VUser means Vuser_init+Action(s)+Vuser_end....am i wrong?

A) U r correct in this statement

2) Why in controller i see only user name ?
A) can u provide a screenshot? didnt u notice all the 4 users in running state? have u run the test for some duration or run until complete??

3) i have set parameter updation for every iteration for parameters: username, passord.This is present in Vuser_init

A) U have given the ans urself. Vuser-init runs only once. This means 4 users would take different login credentials during the run.

Hope this helps,

Br,
Ravi Kanth
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

change you parameter file to Unique once as attached....then run it in the controller...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ravi kanth

thankq you ur clarification.. for last question i agree with u in controller i should have seen four difference user name and password when i chose 4 Vusers. But i see only one.. I didn't know what i was missing!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

chris i'll try ur suggestion and let u know the results thankq
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I havent got your answer for question 2.

Also from the reply i understand that eventhough you give 4 Vusers, only one u r able to notice in running state. in which state are the other three?? in error/failed state?

If its in error/failed state, then u may probably need to check the parameter settings or the server response log from the controller scenario. U can do it by clicking on the Vusers button in the Run tab of Controller.

Thanks,

Ravi Kanth
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.