Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Controller on LoadRunner 9.0 often does not collect data for some windows monitors

Frequently, I have seen that the controller either does not collect data for some monitors or stops collecting data after sometime.

Usually, it is the CLR counters (Memory counters for GC data, Loading, etc) that stop collecting.

The error indicates something like "The data is not valid." or "negative value found". But when you try to add the same counters from perfmon and log to a file, it works just fine.

Here is a complete error from the logs -
Monitor name :Windows Resources. Cannot access data for measurement .NET CLR Loading|Current Assemblies|dllhost on machine .
Details: The data is not valid.

Hint:
Check that there is such a measurement on the machine (use the Add Machine dialog box) (entry point: CNtMeasurement::GetNewData3). [MsgId: MMSG-47295]
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Controller on LoadRunner 9.0 often does not collect data for some windows monitors

Are these counters available for SiteScope for LoadRunner. I offload all of my monitoring to SiteScope to avoid these kinds of sporadic parsing errors that seem to happen under load.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.