Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Cookie Correlation?

Hello,

I have a simple script (http/html) that logs into an application, then logs out (I started with a simple script first)

When I replay it, the vuser get a different message in the run time viewer - It states 'You have not made any changes for 20 minutes.'

I have assumed that this has occured because an older cookie is being used (the one that was initially recorded).

Firstly, does my logic sound correct and, secondly, does anyone have an experience in correlating cookies?

(I know that LoadRunner is not developed to look for and do parameterization in these areas, so you cannot parameterize the standard way - but, I have made an attempt at there suggestion (Declare a string instead of a parameter to store information) and not had much luck.

Rob
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Cookie Correlation?

For the most part LoadRunner will take care of cookies automatically. Are you sure that a cookie is used for the user timeout? Record your script twice and use wdiff to compare them or use the coorelation tool to find out what needs to be coorelated to fix your timeout issue.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks for your response Alan,

I did try that and it showed the difference was in the cookie but, my problem has been solved!

Whilst showing some pople in our company LoadRunner, the recording options had been acidently set to URL based script rather than HTML based script.

Changing it back to HTML based has solved the problem (i.e. LoadRunner is automatically handling the cookies ok)

Flippin demo's!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

See last comment
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.