Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Copy and Paste in Loadrunner..

Hi, I need to copyand paste the EPS files from one folder to another folder, located in my "C:\" drive. Can i do this using LoadRunner by anychance...?? please help me, if you come across this kind of scenario...
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Copy and Paste in Loadrunner..

Please use automation tools. LR is a Perf. Testing tool.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

yes, this is a part of my performance testing.. i need to capture the time taking for copy and paste 1000 images.... is this possible by any chance? or do we need to have a UI and server as mandatory for performnace testing?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It is interesting that you got a functional operation for performance testing.

The only way I can think of doing this is to use the system() function. This would execute commands from your DOS command prompt. you will have to use this function and write the DOS commands to copy files from one folder to another.See LR help for syntax and other details.

Thanks
Prashanth Thimmavajjala
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I wouldn't use LR for this, I would probably write a small WSH script in VBS and mark the start and end times of the copy operation.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.