Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Correaltion in oracle Nca forms

Hi , How do we capture dynamic values in Oracle Nca protocol , as we dont have any server response.

I am getting some dynamic value in text field , and there is no http page involved , so we cannot use web_reg_save_param,

I tries using nca_edit_get_text , but this extracts the value only after the field is populated.

My primary question is how do we capture dynamic value in forms.

regards

Sanjay
Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What dynamic value in form are you referring to? Is it form ids which are shown at the top of the page?

Arnab
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What dynamic value in form are you referring to? Is it form ids which are shown at the top of the form page?

Arnab
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Arnad

It is an order number which gets generated along the flow.

Its a copy order script

so we have a fixed order say :1234

and every time we copy the oder there is a text box in which a new value gets populated with every iteration. say 4321 in the seccod iteration
the copuied value becomes say 4322 and so on .

as we click on copy the new generated value gets populated in a text box.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oh you cannot correlate this. There is a different way for doing this. You have to capture the form name instead of form id.
To begin recording Oracle Application virtual user scripts there are a couple of setup items that are required. By default the Oracle Application Applet window does not transfer the Java
Object names in the applet. To enable the passing of the Java Object names one of the
following must be done.

Option 1:
On the web servers for your applications log on as the application
owner. Go to the $OA_HTML/bin directory and alter the appsweb.cfg
file. In this file update the line with record= and append to it â namesâ . The line
should read
record=names
The appsweb.cfg file is the configuration file for the appsbase.htm file which is
used to startup the applications (applet) window. Before each connection is made
the variables will be read from the appsweb.cfg file, therefore restarting the
web/forms servers are not necessary.

In some older versions the configuration file is formsweb.cfg and the startup file is startup.htm.

Option 2:
Change the â ICX: Forms Launcherâ profile option in the database to add the
following string at the end of the value â ?record=namesâ

Arnab
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Arnab ,

I need to correlate a value, I guess your explanation which u gave in ur last post is regarding issues with recording.

That a text field( or any other field) value( some number ) comes up in the script instead of its name , ( thus we have to make the setting changes that u suggested ) .

But the value I am trying to capture ( correlate ) is a value which is generated along the flow and I know what that value is ( it is an order number ) .

I wanted to know , how to capture this value .

I actually did not understand whole of your explanation , till the time I find out the way to do what you have explained , I am just ensuring whether you got my query correctly.

Regards

Sanjay
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,

we are also facing same issues ,Kindly let me know if you have any updateds or progress on this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I also have a similiar scenario in which a "Request ID" is generated in Create Accounting in Oracle EBS. I want to use the "Request ID" generated,  in subsequent transactions like diplay etc

Please can anyone help in capturing the "request ID" in script .

Thanks 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.