Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Correlation issue

Hi,

I've a web based workflow application for which I need to do performance testing.There is a feature in the applicaiton to create a request. I recorded the script (HTTP/HTML in LR 9.0) and the correlated the unique Request ID and related values. After correlation when I execute the script, the request creation goes fine and there is no issue.
But when I execute the script (from VUGEN itself) with multiple iterations, say 3, the correlation fails.
Can you please suggest what could be wrong here?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Correlation issue

Hi Kashyap,

It seems your correlation is not correct that you can find out if your script fails in second iteration itself. First time it has the value which you recorded so it might be using the same value to replay.
Find out in which page request the dynamic value is getting generated then place the correlation code just before the request so your correlation parameter can capture the correct value.

Verify whether your correlations really captuers value of not. See the capture value with lr_output_message("Param = %s", lr_eval_string("{Param}");.

Thanks
Ajay

Thanks
Ajay
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ajay,

In iteration 1 it is taking the new dynamic value, so the correlation is working in iteration 1, but when I go to iteration 2, it is not able to take the new value and keeps the dynamic value from Iteration 1. Seems very strange and I haven't faced such issue earlier. It is like as if the iteration 1 value is being held and not cleared.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

could it be that your correlation statement is outside the iterated Action() ?
I mean, maybe it's executed once in the vuser_init(), gets the dynamic value, and then on the next iteration it is simply not executed, thus staying with the same value?

and if that's not it, is there an error message for the correlation statement on the 2nd iteration?

turn on logs to show 'Parameter values' so you can track your correlated parameter during run time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Kashyap,

Try out keeping login and logout in action part.
Remove the cache everytime when you replay. Vugen repaly option do have that option.

Thanks
Ajay
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hadar/Ajay: Thanks for your response. I have the correlation with in the Action(). I have about 4 corelations in the script. I debugged the script and found that the first correlation variable takes the value of iteration 1 and so the subsequent correlation fails with the error msg that could not find the boudaries etc. So the issue is not with this failed correlation variable but the first correlation variable which is a unique ID.
As a temporary fix I've put login and logout in Action, but ideally I would want login in vuser_init and logout in vuser_end
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

there are two more things I'd try:
1. run the script (original one, with login/logout outside Action() as you like it to be) with the 'Data returned by server' option ticked in the Log run-time settings, and see what you get from the server: is the value you are looking for really there on the second time?

2. if this is a long value, try adding the web_set_max_html_param_len() statement with a long enough number, for example
web_set_max_html_param_len("1024");
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.