Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Custom bandwidth

When I specify a custom bandwidth in Run time settings, is it the bandwidth avaialble to each VUSER or is it the bandwidth available for all the vusers together?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Custom bandwidth

It should be for each vuser.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks! It means that if I have a load of 100 vusers, 3mbps would be available to each vuser and so the total bandwidth available to the test is quite more than 3mbps, correct?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

It's been a while but from my memory, the bandwidth you set and use cannot exceed the physical limits (T1). So if you set it to full bandwidth, the 100 vusers will share the T1 line when multiple vusers run at the same time. If only 1 vuser run at any given moment, then it gets access to full T1 speed. You cannot expect that all 100 vusers running at the same time will all run at T1 speed. Hope it make sense.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.