Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DB Initialization for HP PC 9.52 hangs

Hi,

I am trying to install HP PC 9.52 but when I setup DB details on admin/initialfs.htm and press "Save", application prints
"
Trying to login to Database Server - server_name:1521
Installing Database hppc..
" in the web interface and after that doesn't show any progress

So I turned on Debug level of the logging for all components to see what is going on. After restart I was surprised that all folders remain empty in spite of the Debug level. I would expect that everything that happen in HP PC should be written to the log, at least its startup.

The only message that I found after attempt to initialize DB was:

"TaskManager "C:\Program Files\HP\Performance Center\bin\TaskManager.exe" Process id 1872 Thread id 1904 - Debug: "globals.ini" was not initialized yet. Will not try to access the DB"

Also I traced DB, so trace file is attached to the message.

So the questions are:
- What could cause hanging of DB initialization?
- How can initialization process via Web be bypassed with direct editing of configuration files?
- Where description of format of ..\HP\Performance Center\bin\globals.ini file can be found?
- Is it necessary to use default name for Database schema and default password?

Installation configuration:
Server host:
VMWare virtual machine with MS Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition SP2.

DB: Oracle 10.0.2

Thanks,
Alexander
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: DB Initialization for HP PC 9.52 hangs

I'm had the same issue, I'm trying to install PC 9.50 server components on VM's and standalones for the load generators. My database is oracle 10g 64 bit on Linux.
I was having a issue with just connecting from the VMâ s to the oracle database testing in a cmd prompt: sqlplus username/password@instancename, resolved that issue setting my ORACLE_HOME and patch variables on the VMâ s for were I had installed the oracle client, also had to copy the tnsnames.ora for the new database into the oracle client network/ADMIN directory on the VMâ s.

I no longer was getting the could not connect error from the PC admin config page, but was just seeing : trying to configured database and it would just hang there and do nothing , the log showed nothing, I checked the PC install doc and found a little section that said to make sure to change the permissions on the IWAM_machinename so that it has read/write/execute privileges on the Oracle home directory and all its sub-directories

After this was done I went back to the PC config page and reenter my database info click saved and it started to configured the database, but now I have a new issue.
Now I get this error:
The Database installed on machine 'db0000' is not the same version as the Performance Center installation.
To make your database compatible with this version of Performance Center, use the Database Migration tool located on the Performance Center installation disk.
For instructions, see the Performance Center Installation Guide.

Iâ m going to open a call with HP because this is a fresh install with a brand new Oracle database, but I thought I would reply to your post because I did see the same issue you having and was able to get past that issue with changing the IWAM machinename so it had read/write/execute privileges on the oracle home directory and all its sub-directories on the windows 2003 VMâ s
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DB Initialization for HP PC 9.52 hangs

did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue and have not been able to get around after a full day.

David J Kaucher
Limitedbrands

Limited Technology Services
Enterprise Test Management

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.