Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
145 views

DB values not picked up properly

Hi,

I have recorded a script using .Net protocol and did all necessary correlation. The script was recorded in one Database. While trying to replay it in another DB, script is taking only the values from old DB though it is connected to the new DB. I checked if the values have been hard coded by mistake. I find no trace. All the values are perfectly correlated. Can anyone tell me why this strange behaviour is observed?

Thank You.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DB values not picked up properly

Please let me know how to correlate in script which is recorded in .NET protocol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DB values not picked up properly

Hi,

You can refer VuGen help regarding this. If built-in correlation does not help try this solution.

Include the following function (need to be modified as per the script) before the Dataset
lr.save_string("Client_id", DataSet_9.Tables(0).Rows(0)("CLIENT_ID").ToString())

Here,
Client_id - variable which holds the captured value
DataSet_9 - 9 is the dataset number. This needs to be changed to the corresponding dataset number from which the values are correlated
CLIENT_ID - Column name in the DataSet
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.