Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DataBase and Application server monitors

Hi,

we would like to add Data base monitor (ORACLE 10G) and application server monitors (Web sphere 6.1).we are using LR 9.1.
what are counters we can add to these monitors, what is the importance of those counters.

Anybody using these monitors?

Thanks
Ravi Allam
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: DataBase and Application server monitors

Firstly, What is your load test goal?

-Madhu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi RaviAllam,

just check this thread (http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1354128) about a "HP Performance Engineering Best Practices Series".
This is book that give you all details on what to monitor depending on the server type (Windows, Unix, Database, ...)

--
david
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

David,

I am getting below message when I click that link, I will try again.

The system is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Madhu,

Our actual goal is avg page response time is less than 3 sec.
Also we would like to know how DB server and App server is behaving.We would like to maintain those stats for every release and compare with earlier releases.For this we would like to measure all important counters

Thanks
Ravi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Open your scenario in Load runner controller and then click right clik on graph section
select mesarment select the operating system and enter your above server name.Then select what kind of graph u want from the server and monitors.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The book mentioned by David can be downloaded from this link: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM725330/binary/PC9.51_PerfMonitor_BP.pdf?searchIdentifier=34653853%3a12405244c8c%3a-77bd&resultType=document

This book is the first in the series of best practices books we plan to release. Stay tuned.

Regards,

Leo Borisov,
Func. Architect, LT Methodology, HP SW R&D

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thank you I down loaded that file.

Thanks
Ravi Allam
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.