Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Database scripting help

Hi,

I need some urgent help if anyone's able to assist me... I am trying to record a database script but am having no luck picking up any traffic in any protocol (even Winsock)...

I am connecting to an external data source using Excel pivot tables, that is using MDX calls to retrieve data from a data cube. Since MDX is fairly similar to SQL, I was hoping that it would be similar to creating an SQL database script.

However, I have tried recording against Excel.exe and going "Data -> PivotTable and PivotChart Report", then using an external data source (DB server). The datasource loads ok and I can use the pivot tables to retrieve data into Excel, however nothing seems to get recorded. I have tried using SQL Server, ODBC and even Winsock protocols, but it records nothing in LoadRunner.

Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can record against this - I really don't want to resort to using Citrix or Terminal Services to create a 'front-end' type script! I have little experience creating/using DB scripts.... I have tried creating an ODBC script from scratch in an attempt to connect to the DB manually, but all the vdf.h setup seems a little over-whelming, and I had no luck setting up the connection.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jon.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Database scripting help

As an alternate idea, would it be possible to write a VB script in LR to make the necessary calls to the DB?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.