Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Diagnostics Instrumentation Points

Hi guys.

In short: We installed Diagnostics probe and server. We collect data from a certain layers but information in other layers is not accessible even though I added a universal match layer in the instance and shared instrumentation option. Do I have to ask a restart or do I have some Licensing issue or what,

please help

Long: My group was commanded to analyze performance of a certain J2EE EAR by using HP Diagnostics since we got it from a pack of HP Software including HP BAC/RUM ... so on. The J2EE application is rather old (WAS 4.0.7) we used an older version of diagnostics that supported WAS 4. The Probe was installed ok and it started collecting data. Most data collected is related to JDBC and servlets, I must capture some ADHOC MQ messaging but the information is not displayed. I added a universal matcher to capture the specific classes and hit apply however nothing new is shown. We are using an unlicensed version of Diagnostics server and probe (cause of the downgrade), but have the license in the latest version of HP Diagnostics software. COuld that be a license problem? do i have to ask for a server restart? any clues?

Thanks for reading this thread.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Diagnostics Instrumentation Points

I have had a similar problem using Diagnostics against ActiveMQ. Regardless of the instrumentation, I would only see some classes captured on startup, then never profiled at runtime. Even a level 3 HP support guy couldn't figure it out.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.