Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Diagnostics best practices

Hi folks,

i have a customer with HP Diagnostics and He says that Diagnostics generates 3 GB of Information everyday, and this customer asks if this is normal, so the following questions arise

is it correct to use Diagnostics every day all year?,
exist a best practice about it?
does anyone have a document that talk about the best practices of
use of HP Diagnostics?

appreciate the help.

Best Regards.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Diagnostics best practices

The amount of data is totally dependant on 1) the number of deployed agents X the instrumented methods, and 2) the type of agent. That said, we typically like to set a level of granularity in method data collection and then stick with it, so altering this formula daily is not realistic.

There are tunables in Diagnostics for trimming methods and governing archiving. If space is the primary concern, I'd start by setting those accordingly. As far as best practices - I'm not sure if enough people are using the tool effectively to make "best" a statistically relevant term here.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.