Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Diagnostics data not populated in profiler

I have configured the HP Diagnostics Server.Installed the probe on the application server.In the healthview of the diagnostics server the probe is shown and the health is green.but when i try to view the data during the test run , no data is being populated on the profiler because of which nothing comes to the Diag server.all the ports are open(35000,2006,2612)
No error message is displayed in the logs.
any suggestions ?
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Diagnostics data not populated in profiler

Is this .Net Diag?

Do iisreset and perform few operations in application and check in port 350001.

You might need to provide more environmet details to lookinto this
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No.This is Java Probe.
Application Server : Oracle
OS Version : RedHat EL AS5
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had placed the JVM parameter in the wrong location. This was the issue.
I have placed it on the right location now. After placing it on the right location I was able to see the data in the profiler.
I have 4 JVMâ s and I am able to see the data in all the 4 ports like http://10.2.5.54:35000 till 35003
I had named my probe as 3361
Now when I login to the diagnostics server and see the health
It shows as â homeâ
4 homes are listed and connected to the diagnostics server but they are showing error message.

Using the self solve I did the below

In Diagnostics patch D7.50.150.26 and later it is possible to ensure each probe gets started with a unique name by adding the string %0 to the probe name. This can be added either to the ID in the probe.properties, for example:
id=myProbe%0
Or it can be added in the start command line, for example:
-Dprobe.id=myProbe%0
The %0 will get replaced dynamically with a number, the first being 0, and then incremented for subsequent probes. So in the above example the first probe will start with an ID of myProbe0, the second with myProbe1 and so on.
Instead of myProbe I replaced it with 3361 in both the probe.properties file and also in the start command lineâ ¦
Still the issue is not going
Can you help me out
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

What is the error message you received?
Probe.id mentioned in JVM command line overrides the name mentioned in the probe.properties file.You dont need to modify the this file.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Duplicate ProbeID [home] configured on home:35001 and home:35003
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

we are also facing the similar issue

Duplicate ProbeID [home] configured on home:35001 and home:35003

on health view we are able to see 3 duplicate copies.

pls suggest

Thanks
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

.NET or J2EE probe?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

add in the start command line,
-Dprobe.id=myProbe%0
After the JVM parameter
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.