Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do Loadrunner supports UNIX?

Dear all,

My request is to understand whether load runner supports standalone system like UNIX. I am working in a financial institution and i have a scenario where i need to test UNIX system.

If yes kindly let me know which protocol is to be selected.

I have a scenario where i have to test the performance of standalone(UNIX) system.

Please help in this regard in order to proceed with the above scenarios.

Appreciate your earliest reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Niyaz
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Do Loadrunner supports UNIX?

Do you want to monitor the UNIX machine resources?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Aiedh:

Yes in your case you will test the application against its protocol and add a trace to the UNIX server to see how it handles that data transfer.

It should work well for you!!

John Scarpino
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Protocol purely depends on the communication between client & first server.

Ex: If its IE; it would be http/html.

You can use inbuilt UNIX monitor for measuring UNIX system resources and then correlate with your response time.

If you have already installed LoadRunner, I suggest you to refer LR documentation for detailed approach.

Start->LoadRunner->Documentation
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.