Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Does loadrunner measure client browser rendering time?

When we manually browse any website using IE8, IE6 or FireFox we find the response time differs. We find IE8 faster compare to IE6.

I have couple of doubts in this regard

1. Does the script behavior differ during load test if I had used IE or FireFox while recording? Does it have any impact on response time or any other parameter?

2. I believe loadrunner doesn’t measure client browser rendering time (time taken to download/present the data on browser). Please confirm.

3. What is “Client Time” in Response Time graph? If this is time taken by client browser then this should vary based on browser type IE6 or IE8. If so, where do I define in load test the client browser type/version to be used during load test?

4. We can define the client browser type/version in browser emulation option, however this will send that browser type & version details as part of HTTP header to server informing the type of browser the client is using. If the server code is written differently (most of the times server code is not written that way) based on the client browser type, then server processing will differ. Please clarify if my understanding is correct?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Does loadrunner measure client browser rendering time?

Hi,

LR would not measure the rendering time.
I have been working on Flex which takes long time to render however LR results say a few sec were consumed(which does not include rendering).

You could run QTP scripts in LR with the restriction of 1 vuser per machine for a QTP script.

LR would calculate Avg Resp time as
Time between the request sent by the client to the response recieved from the server.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.