Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Effect of change in oracle provider

Hi,

I am trying to record script for a client server application using .Net protocol. I have successfully completed it. Initially I was working in a oracle 11g provider environment. Now the environment has been changed to oracle 10g provider. When i replay the original script following erro is thrown. 'System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' threw an exception. ---> Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException The provider is not compatible with the version of Oracle client at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleInit.Initialize()'

Please let me know how to change the oracle version in script.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Effect of change in oracle provider

I think the issue is more with your client version of Oracle than your provider. As your error indicates, your client version is not compatable with your provider version. Find out the version that is compatable with your current provider and install it.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Effect of change in oracle provider

Thank you so much for your suggestion 🙂 I replaced oracle 11G dll file in the script folder with oracle 10G dll. The issue got resolved.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.