Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Emulating External Network

Hi Experts,

While running a load test , can we emulate an external network even though if our LGs are within the Network .

Thanks in advance

Regards
Sanjay
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Emulating External Network

Yes, you may use WAN Emulation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Madan ,

Thanks for replying.

Do you have any documentation on how exactly one can approach this.

One more thing , I was reading some material and it suggested that HP has removed the WAN emulator facility

Regards
Sanjay
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

It was reintroduced in LR95 onwards. It is an integration with Shunra WAN Emulation software. You need to get the Software & License from Shunra only.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Madan,

Thanks a lot , I checked the Shunra documentation.

Has anyone used WAN emulator free version , I will have to try and deploy it on pilot basis and then can propose to the project team.

Regards
Sanjay
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Sanjay,

We have started using Shunra VE Desktop v5 lately and are in the evaluation phase.
Basically, you need to install the Shunra VE Desktop components for each HP LoadRunner
Controller and HP Load Generator in the configuration and the VE Desktop for HP Performance Center on the PC User Site.

Runtime statistics are automatically collected from the Shunra monitors.
Three modes are available, Basic, Advanced & Professional, which would help you emulate network parameters mainly, Latency, packet Loss & Bandwidth.

Let me know if you need further information.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I have not used the Shunra software solution since early releases of LR. However, I have used their hardware appliance and it works well. The appliance goes in between load generators that you set up as WAN sites and your application. It emulates WAN characteristics using captured live WAN data or manual configurations. Not cheap but works well.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Alan/Pooja

I am trying out your suggestions , I will update you both on my issues/finding , thanks a lot for helping.

Regards
Sanjay
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.