Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Enable Image and Text Check in Controller’s Run time settings - Question

Jump to solution
Hello,

I have a question regarding LR 9.52 Controller’s Runtime settings. There is an option in Preferences “Enable Image and Text Check”.

I could not find detailed explanation on how this option affects my tests running in the Controller, so I tried the following experiment.

I recorded a simple script which logs in to a web site (protocol Web HTML/HTTP) and checks some text on the loaded page, using web_reg_find() function. I changed the login in the script to incorrect one, so my script did not pass text check verification and failed always. I ran this test in the Controller first time with the Enable Image and Text Check option CHECKED. Second time I ran the same script in the Controller with the option UNCHECKED. Both results are the same: transaction failed because web_reg_find() returned the error.

Looks like, the option “Enable Image and Text Check” does not really influence on the text check during a test. Question: when and how to use it?

Have anybody had the same question or researched on that?

Thank you,
Julia Bykova
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Enable Image and Text Check in Controller’s Run time settings - Question

Jump to solution
Hello Julia,

The text check is completely based on your web_reg_find function, the run-time setting does not seem to help much. However, I found that this setting helps when the images of a page are not properly downloaded. This is only usefull when you are enabling the download of images in your run-time settings and then have this option checked.

I would suggest you to try this, comment out the web_reg_find in the script and enable the run-time setting. See if the incorrect login causes the script to fail or not.

Thanks
Prashanth Thimmavajjala

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
I have also find the same issue..whether enable or disable that option....it does not matter, until and unless web_reg_find is exists/does not exists.....it totally depends upon the script.

Thanks,
Prasenjit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hello Julia,

The text check is completely based on your web_reg_find function, the run-time setting does not seem to help much. However, I found that this setting helps when the images of a page are not properly downloaded. This is only usefull when you are enabling the download of images in your run-time settings and then have this option checked.

I would suggest you to try this, comment out the web_reg_find in the script and enable the run-time setting. See if the incorrect login causes the script to fail or not.

Thanks
Prashanth Thimmavajjala

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Hello Prasenjit Dutta, Prashanth T,

Thank you for sharing your experience and ideas.

I kept up playing with the option Enable Image and Test check in Run time settings.

If I comment web_reg_find() in the script, error verification is not performed, no matter what RunTime settings I choose. In that case, the step with failed login passes in the Controller without failing the transaction.

I replaced web_reg_find() with deprecated function web_find() and tried the test in the Controller again. If Enable Image and Text Check are ON, the script performs text check and fails invalid login step. If this option is OFF, text was NOT CHECKED and invalid login passes the test.

So, I am assuming, that Enable Image and Text Check option turns Image or text check ON, IF text check performs with deprecated web_find() function. This option does not do anything if I use web_reg_find() for checking text.

With best regards,
Julia Bykova
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.