Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Error -26601: Decompression function (wgzMemDecompressBuffer) failed, return code=-5 (Z_BUF_ERROR),

Hi,

I'm getting the above error when executing via the Controller. Running 100 iterations of the same scripts via Vugen doesn't produce the error. It's not related to the number of users as I get it even when I run just a single user via the Controller.

Can anyone help?
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Error -26601: Decompression function (wgzMemDecompressBuffer) failed, return code=-5 (Z_BUF_ERROR),

It's hard to say for certain, but realize that several things can differ from VuGen to the Controller:

1. Runtime settings on the Controller will supercede the script runtime settings.

2. If you are using the default browser proxy, your configuration may be different from VuGen machine to Controller.

3. Network placement and configuration can affect this.

4. Controller vs. Load Generator differences of #3.

Can you validate these first?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Error -26601: Decompression function (wgzMemDecompressBuffer) failed, return code=-5 (Z_BUF_ERROR),

It is very much relates to vusers. How much memory does your Generator machine have? Each vuser uses a small amount to memory to decompress defalte. Try run 50 vusers and see if you get the same issue.

Second solution:

Z_BUF_ERROR(-5): Use web_add_auto_header function in the script to specify the compression method used by the server. (EXAMPLE: web_add_auto_header("Accept-Encoding", "deflate"); or web_add_auto_header("Accept-Encoding", "gzip");). Do not specify both gzip and deflate. Make sure server is sending valid compressed data that can be decompressed using gzip or deflate decompression method. If this error is seen during a load test but not with a single virtual user replay, this could be an indication of network or server bottlenecks during load test that prevent virtual user client from receiving valid data buffers for decompression.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi. As I stated I get the error when I'm running a single user via the controller, so I think I can rule out bottlenecks and overloaded generators.

The runtime settings are the same as vugen with the addition of some think time and pacing.

Can anyone tell me what the error actually means?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

open your script with vugen
copy the code
paste it in a new script

save the new script (make no run !!! ) and execute it in the controlor

if the error disappear you have a problem with vugen compression.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Any other suggestions guys, I'm still getting the error?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

have you apply patch on your vugen if yes have you apply these patch to your controler ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

The scripts were developed in 9.10 and run in 9.51. That shouldn't have an impact though really should it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yep. This is an issue even i have been facing for sometime now. I have a support ticket raised this for this and no resolution in sight.

A possible workaround I have for this is to raise the Network Buffer Size in the Advanced properties for each script.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.