Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Error -27494: "InternetSetOption for INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_SELECT_CLIENT_CERT" failed

When you execute the load test in Performance Center, You may face the below error:

Error -27494: "InternetSetOption for INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_SELECT_CLIENT_CERT" failed(Windows error code=87) following an HttpSendRequest failure (Windows error code=12044) for URL = https://xxxxxxx/xxx.xxx"

The issue occurs when you record the script using HTTP/HTML protocol with capture level set as ''WinInet level data' in recording options.

This issue occurs only with the loadgenerator machines that does not contain the right security certificate at index=1.

This issue is fixed by following the below steps:

1) In Internet Explorer, Ensure that the IE security certificate is at index=1 on all the LG machines. Else export the right certificate from the working Loadgenerator machine and import it to the affected LG machines. 

Please follow the steps as below:

(i) Export the Certificate from the Internet Explorer of the working LG machine :

a) Choose Tools > Internet Options. Select the Content tab and click Certificates.

b) In the Personal tab, Select a first security certificate from the list and click Export.

c) Click Next several times until you are prompted for a password.

d) Enter a password and click Next.

f) Enter a file name and click Next.

e) Click Finish

(ii) To import the certificate in Internet Explorer of the affected LG machine :

a) Choose Tools > Internet Options. Select the Content tab and click Certificates.

b) In the Personal tab, click import.

c) Click Next

d) Browse the certificate

e) Enter a password and click Next.

f) Select Place all certificates in the following store with Certificate store as Personal and click Next

e) Click Finish

2) Set the loadrunner agent from service to run as a process. Sometimes the loadrunner service may not have enough permissions to pick-up the certificate from the IE. Please follow below KCS document for the detailed steps:

How to set LoadRunner Agent as a service or process after installation:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM169452

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Error -27494: "InternetSetOption for INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_SELECT_CLIENT_CERT" fail

Hello!

How do you find the correct index for a certificate?

In Internet Explorer, Ensure that the IE security certificate is at index=1

I looked in LoadRunner, certmgr.msc, the registry, some PowerShell functions, but I couldn't find anything! My replay currently works with CertIndex=2 and CertIndex=3, but I want to be sure I'm using the correct certificate.

LoadRunner doesn't give any debug / log message regarding web_set_certificate_ex. It only says "started" and "was successful."

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.