Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error in Vugen..

Jump to solution
Hi Experts,

While installing Vugen 9.5 in XP, it is throwing run time error. Please let me know if any other settings are requires to setup vuegen in xp. I tried installing 9.1 it got installed however it is not recording any script.

Regards,
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Error in Vugen..

Jump to solution
Please let me know below workaround

Have you tried to disable the thumbnail generation:

1. Open the registry (regedit),
2. Browse to KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\LoadRunner\Vugen\Thumbnails,
3. Set the GenerateThumbs key to 0 (the default is 1).
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi DO you have MS SQL 2008 on your system.. because MS SQL 2008 is not compatible with Vugen 9.5. It runs fine with 9.1. HP is actually investigating this further. Vugen 9.5 will run with MS SQL 2005, so if you have 2008 on your computer, you can either just uninstall or roll back to 2005
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Atish,

I dont have any SQL installed in my system. Also one of my mate is also trying the same in windows XP its throwing same error message.

Thanks,
Nic
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
kindly check if you have installed the necessary prerequisites for Vugen 9.5
Have you installed dont net 3.5 framework and microsoft visual c++ redistributable?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
yes, i have installed all the prerequisites required.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Yes Bigboss I already have installed these softwares..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

Can u provide me with the exact error u are getting???
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
Please let me know below workaround

Have you tried to disable the thumbnail generation:

1. Open the registry (regedit),
2. Browse to KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\LoadRunner\Vugen\Thumbnails,
3. Set the GenerateThumbs key to 0 (the default is 1).
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks a lot Parkar it worked for me..but while recoding script my m/c gets very slow some time it get stuck in between.

Regards,
Nicole
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
Check the machine configuration is recommended one only
Cheers!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.